whenever i see people arguing over what makes a “real fan”
especially in doctor who
with this whole “don’t skip nine!” “watch the classic series” “forget the classic series!” “i miss ten” “listen to the audios” and different levels of fandom
and all I see is
anything you can Who
I can Who better
I know the Doctor
better than you
no you don’t
yes i do
no you don’t
yes I do
yes it’s Who
yes I dooooo-weeeeee-oooooo
Here’s an interesting spin on techno-“wearables.” This student project harvests energy from the body: For instance, “Blood Bridge: designed to tap directly into the action of ulnar artery – the body’s main blood vessel – the pulmonary flow of the heart spins an enclosed wheel to generate electricity.”
This seems more conceptual than practical, but pretty provocative just the same.
Industrial design graduate student, Naomi Kizhner of Jerusalem’s Hadassah College envisions jewelry one day serving purposes beyond adornment, a three-piece collection connecting and converting the human body into one gigantic battery for biological data feedback.
Energy Addicts’ entomological-styled accessories hints of early David Cronenberg at his best/worst, the jewelry’s macabre beauty furthered by how each piece is worn: sharp pincers and stings pierce skin, establishing an “interface” between body and each bio-electrically powered accessory.
ONCE YOU GET THIS YOU HAVE TO SHARE 6 RANDOM FACTS ABOUT YOURSELF AND THEN TAG YOUR 10 FAVORITE FOLLOWERS
1. I’m getting married on 12-13-14
2. I’m preparing for a career in Emergency Medical Services and finishing up my fire fighter level 1 certification within the next year, all that remains is EMT and 2 GE courses.
3. I currently work in an odd trade, I install and repair commercial and industrial size bakery equipment (some ovens so big you could fit a mini cooper in and still have room to set up a BBQ tailgate).
4. I’ve performed in an instrumental ensemble of some sort every year since I was 10 years old(17 years and counting).
5. I volunteer for a few organizations in the peninsula such as; the Caltrain Holiday Train, and the San Mateo County Sheriff’s Office Communication’s Unit.
6. I’m a ham, an amateur radio operator with a general level license and a 5watt handheld portable radio wouxun kguv6x. My callsign is KK6CCA.
Instead of calling out just 10 followers I’m going to call all of my followers out.
So my car has been acting up and been needing to go into the auto shop several times in the last few months, kind have been expecting this to happen seeing as how my little Mazda 3 hatchback dubbed Ol’ Cat Bleu is now going on 10 years old and been driven 177,xxx+ miles. Long story short, after getting a tow to a shop for diagnosis again they find the AC has gone kaput but the vehicle runs solid after adjust the oil level and such. Cost to replace the AC unit is about half the value of the car on blue book. Screw it I say, I’m going to change my commute for good by using mass transit and my bicycle, of course the only bike I have is a single speed and my commute is a bit of a challenge with some small hills, I do a quick search for a bike with gears and find a hell of a gem in Palo Alto, a 27 speed mountain bike with lots of aftermarket parts replacing OEM parts and all for $150. Steal of the day in my mind. So new commute prep begins this weekend acquiring tools and extra parts to keep on hand for field repairs if needed and hopefully kick start me back to getting into shape and becoming more fiscally and environmentally responsible.